Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jesus Wept

How often do you hear that scripture? What does your mind think caused Him to weep? The loss of Lazarus? The Bible says in John 11:33 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in the spirit and troubled. As I read this my heart was moved like never before. Even though Jesus knew that he was going to bring Lazarus back to life He was moved by their pain. More than that I think He was mad at the enemy for the destruction he had caused. For the pain and doubt he caused in His loved ones. I want the things that deeply moved Jesus to move me. What God loves I want to love. What He hates I want to hate. Lord show me where I can be used to apply your healing balm to hurting hearts. Move me Lord!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Beautiful writing! Love to see families with grown adoptive children! What an incredible family you have!
A fellow adoptive mom & new follower,
Jen
http://richfaithrising.blogspot.com/
...because Life IS a Poem!