Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The statement I hear the most..

is " I don't know how you do it all." My response "I don't do it all." We are a family and we work together as one body. If one of the body parts doesn't do it's job then it hinders the rest of us. That's how God created the body of Christ to function as one body. So that is how we function as a family too. Of coarse it hasn't happened overnight. It took and does take work and training. Our family only functions as well as I teach them and as well as we are all willing. It also takes prayer. I seek guidance on how and what to do to teach them and how to help them gain understanding as well as for myself. When you have a large family things work differently. Also when you have adopted, you have to sometimes think out side of the box on how to reach in, through all of the pain and adjusting to new things, and touch their heart. It takes a great deal of creativity when you have a big family and things are always changing. That's what makes it so exciting. But the one constant and center must be Christ.

1 comment:

Kathy C. said...

It looks like we both have seven children in house right now (although you probably have foster children that can't be shown in your family picture) but our ages are different-mine are 20 (but mildly autistic), 19, almost 18, 16, 10 and 5 twice. I just remind myself it's a marathon.