Thursday, February 24, 2011

I dream of.....

the lazy days of summer when I was a child. When the world stopped, time stood still and I was care free. As an adult I tend to get so caught up in the day to day things that need to be done and the there are times that I tend to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. But I believe that God does not want that for us. I believe He wants us to have that wonder and excitement that we had when we were kids. Everything was an adventure and it was exciting! When I turn over my cares to Him as he asks us to I can have that excitement and sense of adventure. Somewhere between being a child and becoming an adult we think we gain vision but sometimes I think we lost some vision. We see things in a way that God never intended us to see them. Maybe it was the fall of man that changed our vision I don't know. But thing I do know is that I want to see all things with child like faith. Minute by minute I want to turn my cares over to Him and be as carefree as a child. To enjoy life to the fullest! I want to enjoy all the blessings (Dakotah, Tristen, Zach, Alisha, Rheanna, Saintania, Eveline, Cornelia, Abel, Caleb and Bill) he has given me. Of coarse he blesses me in other ways but my family is the greatest blessing He can give me this side of heaven and I want to enjoy them just as much as I enjoyed the amazing summer days of my childhood.

4 comments:

Kathy C. said...

So you have three foster now?

In FL, it's five kids under 18 total so we have not done foster care in years. We also can't get GA to send our file and FL will not accept us without. No exceptions. Otherwise we'd have one slot after April 29 when Jeff is 18.

Bill and Christina said...

Hi Kathy,
No we only have one. Zach and Alisha are Bill's two children from a previous marriage.

God's Grace said...

God Bless you and your family my friend. You all look so wonderful!

Bill and Christina said...

Thank you Terry! So excited for you!