Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Adopting Haiti

Today is the one year anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti. Most days it feels like a distant memory. As I watched this video again the tears flowed down my face as I relived the events surrounding that day. No I was not in the earthquake in Haiti but it sure rocked my world like I was right there. Though my world felt like it was rocked hard there was a solid rock beneath my feet. That rock was and is Christ Jesus. Adopting itself opens you to a whole new world of questions about raising children, but adopting older children from a third world country and a homecoming through a tragic natural disaster brings a whole realm of questions and situations not experienced by many adoptive parents. If it were not for God I know that I could not have done, this past year, what my children have needed. So on this one year anniversary I want to thank God for all that He has done for all of us! I want to thank Him for the awesome testimony that I carry of His goodness and His love for me and my family!

4 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I just watched the whole video on your blog : )

Bill and Christina said...

Thank you Kathy:)

Amanda said...

Christina! I just watched adopting Haiti and couldn't put my finger on who that pretty girl was but knew that I had seen her before...and it was YOUR girl!
I was excited to see your interview...and full of emotion toward the end. I hope you guys have had a wonderful year of adjustments and the Lord is blessing you.
:)

Bill and Christina said...

Thank you so much Amanda! So good to hear from you! God has been so good to us! I hope that you have had a wonderful year full of blessings too!:)