Friday, December 10, 2010

It's been a while...

     I would like to say that I have been gone because my life is filled with adventure and I have been way to busy to post but that is not the case. I have been home schooling my little heart out and pouring into my children. Now, don't get me wrong schooling my children can be an adventure all on its own. Everyday that I sit down at the table to school my children I am overwhelmed by how blessed I am to be able to do so. I enjoy it so much. There are times that I get totally frustrated and I am sure that they do to and well that's okay. But to watch them grow and learn is a priceless gift.
     Right now I am working on a literature study for Rheanna to do a lapbook. Some how we can to own a book called, I Rode a Horse of Milk White Jade, I have searched the Internet over for a study of this book and I have found absolutely nothing. So I am making one. In doing so I am having to read this book and so far it is a very good and I am hooked. Yes, I am hooked on a 5th grade book. But I look at it as a chance to share something with my daughter. I love doing lapooks with her. It's our thing that we do together.
     A question that I am asked often is "How are the girls doing?" I have to say that they are adjusting well. One we deal with heart issues way more than the other. Sometimes I wonder if it is a communication issues but really I feel it is a heart issue at the bottom of it because even though they will admit that they did whatever the issue is at hand they always try to turn it into a word war. They get caught up in the smallest details of a single word. I have tried very hard not to let them deflect the issue at hand and allow one word said or lack of one word said the main issue. There is no doubt in my mind that they  have to understand what is expected and where they went wrong. they admit to it every time. It is very frustrating to me and those are the times I have to step back and remember where it is that we started at. Thank God he is there to show me the way because without him I would be totally at a loss.
         

5 comments:

Kathy C. said...

If your girls have read A Wrinkle in Time or Number the Stars send them to my girl's blog to answer a questions and win one of my books : )
http://just4christiangirls.blogspot.com/

The dB family said...

I'm glad too that we have God for our guidance. Ohhh, I am missing homeschooling so much when I read your blog.

Blessings!
Deborah

Bill and Christina said...

Oh thank you Deborah! That made me smile!

Talent Whisperer said...

Just watched the video on Hulu over the weekend. Very moving. Nice to get to know more about your part of the saga. Our kids were happy to see how well Saintani and Eveline are doing.

Bill and Christina said...

Talent Whisperer, thank you for taking the time to leave me a very kind message. I hope that all is well for you and your family:)