Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Lapbook, today's preschool craft and a New Family Tradition

So I was having a hard time finding a free Thanksgiving lapbook. I found one I really liked for twenty dollars but don't have that to spend nor if I did have it, did not want to spend that kind of money. So I took the book that I have and printed off some sheets and my husband and I sat down last night and put one together. With that being said, I have never put together a lapook on my own and my husband didn't even know what a lapbook was. I am hoping that it works out okay and when they are finished I will post picutres. Something else we are doing is a Thanksgiving box. I cut litle strips of paper and placed them in a box and each evening at dinner we will all take a strip of paper and write what we are thankful for with our name and date and then place it back in the box, then on Thanksgiving day we will read all the strips of paper. I am trying to come up with a way to save all strips and make a book or something to pass down through the generations.

Today's preschool craft


2 comments:

The dB family said...

Love the Thanksgiving idea! I'm going to have to remember that one for next year!

Blessings!
Deborah

Bill and Christina said...

Thanks Deborah!