Friday, November 5, 2010

Haiti and my girls

I have such mixed feelings about what is going on in Haiti right now. So thankful that my girls are home and yet at the same time so heart broken that their family and the people of Haiti are still suffering. For much of the world the Earthquake hit 10 months ago and it is but a distant memory but for the people of Haiti they are still living it and breathing it. I have chosen to keep our girls sheltered from what is going on in Haiti right now. I am at peace that this is the right thing for them right now. My heart is breaking and  I feel so helpless and so small. I feel so unable to make a difference for the people of Haiti. I want to help the girls birth family and I have no idea how to do that or what that looks like. So I do the best and only thing that I can and that is to turn it over to God an trust that He, in all of wisdom and love, will take care of all the people of Haiti who call upon him and those who stand in the gap for Haiti. This is where I must lay it and this is where I must leave it.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Christina, you are so right. For me, the earthquake was 10 months ago and I really have not given it much more thought other than I am so thankful your girls are here with you now and not in Haiti any longer. I am also thankful that the Lord has kept the people of Haiti on your heart to interceed for them. It is just like me and Belize. Since I have been there it is more on my heart and I pray for them way more than I ever did before.